Serve this classic Italian seafood pasta in hot bowls and finish with a sprinkling of chopped herbs – a perfect midweek meal for any time of year
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
- 800g fresh clams (discard any open ones)
- 12 whole shallots, finely chopped
- 75g butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 glasses of white wine
- 400g cooked spaghetti or linguine
- 100g double cream
- 50g flat leaf parsley
1. Thoroughly wash the clams.
2. Chop the shallots into a fine dice and cook in the butter until soft, when soft add the chopped garlic and 1 glass of the white wine and reduce slightly. This can be done up to 2 to 3 days in advance, cooled and kept in a sealed jar.
3. Place a large pan on the gas and allow this to get hot, adding the clams and the remaining white wine.
4. When they all start to open add the cooked spaghetti / linguine to the same pan. Then add the double cream and the cooked shallot mixture.
5. After 2 to 3 minutes when it is all warmed through, check the seasoning and adjust if necessary and add some of the chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of http://ukshallot.com