Why not try this delicious recipe, healthy, tasty and quick! Only 40 minutes to get this perfect two person meal…
Baked ricotta with grilled vegetables
Ricotta al forno
Ricotta has a rich yet delicate flavour that complements all sorts of grilled summer vegetables. This combination is typically Mediterranean, but use your imagination – or simply what you have to hand.
Serves 2 – Preparation 5 minutes – Cooking 40 minutes
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, cut into 8 slices lengthways
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tub of ricotta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- small handful of basil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas Mark 4. Toss the aubergine, pepper and courgette with 3 tbsp olive oil and seasoning in a large bowl, then spread out in a baking tray. Place in the oven and turn after 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil to a small ovenproof dish. Drain the ricotta of excess water but keep whole. Place the ricotta in the ovenproof dish. Scatter with seasoning and thyme leaves. Mix the vinegar and honey together in a bowl, then drizzle over the ricotta. Bake in the oven with the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are ready.
- Remove the vegetables and ricotta from the oven. Scatter basil leaves over the vegetables and serve alongside the ricotta and plenty of bread.