Fresh or frozen, peas bring a refreshing lightness to any dish and are therefore often used to lift the spirits of what might otherwise be overly-hearty winter warmers…
Vegetable soup with mint, coriander and parsley
SERVES 4 – Preparation 5 minutes – Cooking 15 minutes
- 150g frozen peas
- 150g frozen green beans, sliced into 2cm lengths
- 150g frozen broad beans
- 1 litre good-quality chicken or vegetable stock (homemade is best)
- 1 bunch each of mint, coriander and flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- the juice of ½ a lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the vegetables and seasoning to the stock and place over a medium heat.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, then remove from the heat.
- Add the herbs, lemon juice and spring onion and serve piping hot.
This recipe first appeared on The Taste of Summer