This classic Tuscan bread and tomato salad gets a summery twist, thanks to the addition of fresh Romaine lettuce. It’s a perfect dish for al fresco dining in the sunshine!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 slices stale ciabatta
- 300g ripe tomatoes, any type you have
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200g roasted peppers from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 Mini Romaine lettuce
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch of basil
- Tear the bread into bite sized chunks and leave out on a tray while you prepare the salad.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite sizes and put into a bowl, add the onion and peppers and season generously.
- Toss in the ciabatta and mix well so all the juices combine and start to soak into the bread.
- Slice the Mini Romaine into ribbons 1cm thick and add to the salad.
- Dress with the oil and vinegar and toss again. Taste to check the seasoning. Add torn basil leaves, toss for a final time then serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.makemoreofsalad.com