Pasta con crema di zucchine e ricotta
This creamy courgette and ricotta pasta is full of fresh Italian flavour with a vibrant green courgette sauce and plenty of ricotta, of course!
Courgettes are a wonderfully versatile vegetable. They’re also very forgiving for the novice gardener and require minimal attention.
Pick them small and they can be used in salads. Medium courgettes work well with pasta and rice dishes.
Larger courgettes can be grilled as a side vegetable or stuffed and baked in the oven. If you’ve any left over after that, preserve them for the winter months.
➤ SERVES 4
➤ PREPARATION 10 minutes
➤ COOKING 15 minutes
- 4 medium-sized courgettes
- 100g parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g dried pasta
- 250g fresh ricotta
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil
- To prepare the cream sauce: wash and chop the courgettes. Blanch in salted water, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Blend until smooth, then stir in the parmesan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To prepare the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add salt and throw in the pasta.
- While it’s cooking, pour the cream sauce into a large fry-pan and gently heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain it into the cream sauce. Add a couple of ladles of the cooking water and toss together.
- Turn off the heat and add the ricotta. Serve immediately with a few sprigs of fresh mint and a good drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Elevate this dish by using your own homemade egg pasta.