This linguine with spicy prawns or linguine con gambrel picanti is a fantastic dish for a midweek meal.
Make this for your family this week – you can make it as hot or as mild as you like!
Linguine with spicy prawns
- 320g linguine pasta
- 400g fresh prawns, shells removed, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1-2 medium/hot chilli peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Once boiling, add the linguine and cook according to packet instructions for about 10-12 minutes, until al dente.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic, chilli peppers (with or without the seeds, depending on how hot you like it), and tomato purée. Sauté for a few minutes, until the garlic takes on a little colour, then add the prawns. Stir to coat the prawns and continue to cook over a moderate heat for 4-5 minutes. Finally, add the parsley to the pan.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the pan, season to taste and mix everything together well. Serve immediately with plenty of fresh crusty bread to soak up all the juices.