This is a simple but tasty pizza, which can be prepared and cooked in less than an hour. If fresh porcini are available, use 9oz (250g) of sliced, fresh porcini mushrooms in place of the dried ones
Ham and Porcini Pizza
- 1¾ tsp (12g) active dry yeast
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp (200ml) warm water
- Salt, 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3¼ cups (14oz or 400g) all-purpose flour
- 2oz (50g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 tbsp ready-made tomato sauce, salt
- 7oz (200g) mozzarella, sliced
- 4 large hot dogs, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 7oz (200g) ham, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C
or Gas Mark 6).
Prepare the pizza dough following the recipe on page 80.
Soak the dried porcini in a little warm water for 10 minutes. Season the tomato sauce with a little salt.
Roll out the pizza dough into 4 rounds and place them on oiled baking sheets. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on each pizza. Top with the mozzarella, porcini mushrooms and hot dogs and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake the pizzas for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the ham slices. Serve immediately.