We love this little bites of heaven! Peas bring a lovely lightness to these mini bruschetta
Bruschetta with smashed peas and crispy pancetta or Bruschetta con purè di piselli e pancetta croccante
Makes 10 – Preparation 10 minutes – Cooking 20 minutes
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 500g frozen peas
- 10 slices of pancetta
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the ciabatta in half then cut each half into 5 slices. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place in the oven until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
Remove and set aside.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, cook the peas for
5 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Set to one side.
- Put the slices of pancetta on a wire rack over a baking tray, and then place in the oven for 5-8 minutes, until crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the cooked peas in a food processor with 4 tbsp olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and pulse for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pea mixture between the bruschetta, then place
a piece of crispy pancetta on each and serve.
Images and recipes © British Peas and Beans from A Taste of Summer