Try this Filetti di pesce San Pietro alla mediterranea for an easy but tasty meal!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 John Dory fillets
- 4 plum tomatoes, skins removed
- 2-3 tbsp black olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp capers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- heaped tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and when hot add the John Dory fillets, skin-side up. Leave to cook for 2 minutes, then turn over and cook on the other side for a further 1-2 minutes. Once cooked, remove the fillets from the pan and place on a warmed serving plate.
- Add the rest of the olive oil to the same pan. Once it is hot, add the tomatoes, olives and capers. Season well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add the parsley, give the mixture a stir and then spoon the vegetables over the top of the fish fillets. Serve immediately.
TIP This recipe works well with other types of white fish fillets, such as sea bass and sea bream. Adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the fillets.