This granita is a very quick and easy frozen dessert that only takes a few hours to freeze down to a refreshingly crumbly texture
Serves 4 – Prep time 20 mins – Cook time 10 mins
- 500g BerryWorld Gooseberries
- 150-200g castor sugar or to taste
- Bunch of fresh mint
- 1 large free range egg white
- Mint leaves to serve
1. Top and tail the gooseberries, place them in a pan with the sugar, the mint leaves (reserve 4-5 leaves) and 300ml water. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the fruit is completely soft.
2. Cool slightly and then push through a nylon sieve to give a smooth puree. Freeze until part frozen, whisk with a fork, then freeze again until part frozen.
3. Whisk the egg white until stiff and then whisk in 1-2 tbsp castor sugar until stiff and glossy. Lightly whisk up the frozen mixture and fold in the egg white and remaining mint leaves chopped.
4. Freeze until completely frozen, whisking gently once more during this time. Serve in tall frosted glasses with more sprigs of mint.
This recipe is from Berry World